6.08.2009

Sugar Words

Books are like candy.  I can never read just one.  And I'm always left with my mouth watering, wishing the flavor had lingered longer.  

I find myself sneaking them in, like a second helping of dessert after dinner.  Like the piece of candy you steal when your mother's not looking.  

I devour them quickly, but still savor their taste as the words seep into my tongue.  Some books are like toffee.  They take a lot of chewing before they can be swallowed, and they leave bits of ideas stuck in your teeth.  Other books are like hard candy, taking longer to disappear, but being all the more enjoyed for it.  And some are like spun sugar, melting quickly, and leaving you wanting more.

I'm definitely an addict for their sugary comfort.  But I don't want to go to rehab.  

No comments: